Thursday, June 24, 2004

Foul Language

While doing a little bit of blog-hopping, I noticed that a lot of people use bad language in their posts and it got me to thinking. From the very first time I had a site, a good 8 years ago, I always made a conscious effort to not swear in my online posts. I always felt it made me come across as less professional, and it wasn't how I wanted to portray myself online.

Don't get me wrong, I have been known to let forth flurries of the stuff on a moments notice in my everyday life. I am not against it's use, nor am I against anyone who uses it in their posts or sites or whatever. It's just that as I write, I like to keep a center decorum to the forum. When used properly foul language can be an effective literary tool, at the moment I am not in the particular genre. When I write about events, or my reviews and commentaries, I think cursing would lessen the impact, whereas if I was writing fiction, which I hope to one day, foul language may creep into it more to make certain characters, or whatever, more credible.

Sounds strange, doesn't it? Not to use it in one forum for credibility, yet use it in another for the same reason. So, don't expect any f-bombs or the like around here, at least for now. If that is something that you look for, you will have to look elsewhere for your fix. Anyway, I hope this has been enlightening.

Until next time, F off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home