Saturday, June 19, 2004

Expansion on my Blogging

The main reason I started my first blog was because I wanted to start writing reviews and columns and such again. You see, I had a web site back in the late 1990's with just movie reviews, they were poorly written but they were there. I never had any traffic, I had no idea how to promote it or anything. Years later, the site fell into disrepair and disappeared. At a couple of different points over the years, I wanted to get it going again, so I would start with a layout start designing something new from the ground up. Each time I would get writers block and abandon the project. In the mean time I would see more and more movies and have no one to talk about them with. Then a few months ago I discovered blogging.

This is perfect! Finally an outlet where I can vent my writing and not have to worry about the design and upkeep of an entire website! I went to Blogskins.com, found a nice layout and started writing. Since then, I feel my writing has improved and I am enjoying it more and more. Now I write first and foremost for me, but at the same time I would like to develop an audience for my work, and so far that has begun to happen. I have noticed that I have a number of repeat visitors, you know who you are, and they seem to appreciate my writing. It is actually helping me on a professional level as well, as I am thinking of applying for a job in writing.

As for this blog, I discovered I wanted to do things that fell outside the realm of what I wanted to do on Draven99's Musings entertainment base. I wanted to write about other things, thoughts, ideas, my old poetry, photography. So the Deadlock Victim was born.

Hopefully you will keep coming back for more, and I will try to provide something interesting for you. Tomorrow, I will be posting a few more pictures, and I have some things to write that were brought up by the film I saw tonight that won't fit in over at The Musings. So until tomorrow....

Rock.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger furiousmuse said...

love the photos...some are reminiscent of mandolux.com: vibey & rich in color. very nice!
i'm a big fan of the free blogger templates out there as well. my husband does web design et al., but i really wanted to see how far i could get on my own two feet (with a little help from google, of course).
anyhow, kudos to you & i'll have to add this one to my list! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home