Friday, July 02, 2004

The Realm Part 6.

Our last step before we started shooting was, of course, writing the script. This was tough for me because I am really bad at writing dialogue. Anyway this was what I came up with. Then we started shooting and all hell broke loose as nothing happened.... More to come!
------------------------------------------------------

Master Scene Script
First Draft
3/5/98


SCENE 1

INT. BAR - NIGHT

It is a nice spring evening. OPENING TITLES and MUSIC play in cuts between MIKE and black. 24 year old MIKE HARRIS is sitting at the far end of a bar, looking terrible. Pop music is playing in the background. The bar is not very busy, probably because it is a Thursday night, and the crowds don’t really come until Friday. The BARTENDER is busy at the other end of the bar. The bartender jerks a bit then turns and approaches Mike, moving rather awkwardly.


BARTENDER
Hey, what’s wrong with you?


Mike looks up, slightly stunned

MIKE
Huh? Me?

BARTENDER
Yeah, you. What’s wrong with you?


Mike sighs, looks up at the bartender.


MIKE
You think you want to know what’s
wrong with me? Do you think that
You could possibly handle what I’ve
been through? The pain, the
loneliness, the lives I’ve seen destroyed,
God, I can barely take it myself,
I need someone else, I’m so alone, so cold,
what’s happened to me? I can’t even
think anymore. Why am I here, what does
HE want from me?


The bartender roughly interrupts.


BARTENDER
He? Who’s he?


Mike looks down into his drink.


MIKE
I don’t know where to begin, he killed
my parents twenty years ago.
I faced him for the first time nine
years ago. He is this thing, not a man,
not human. I’ve been chasing him ever since
I ran away from my Aunt’s home nine years ago.
Sometimes it feels like HE’s chasing ME. I dunno
Sometimes I feel like giving up, letting
Him get me, just to see what it is he
wants, but I don’t think it would work
It’s not me he want’s it’s my soul. He has
none of his own, he need’s me to survive


The bartender cocks his head from side to side, taking in the information. He
has a blank, glazed expression. At this point Mike losing any form of
coherence and starts mumbling.


MIKE
Realm....parents.....NO!.......
You! Stay away....leave them alone
it’s me you want.....NO!....It wasn’t
me....you, you killed them.........
It couldn’t have been...............


Mike falls silent staring into his drink. At this moment KRISTY enters the
bar. She approaches the bar and calls to the bartender. Mike glances up at
her, and almost immediately glazes over and looks back down. The
bartender jerks his eyes down at Mike, then jerks his way over towards
Kristy.


KRISTY
Hey, Give me a beer.

BARTENDER
Sure, whatever you would like my dear....


The bartender gives her an eerie look.


KRISTY
Uhhh, thanks.....


She quickly moves away. And rejoins her friends in the back corner of the bar.
we hear some muffled conversation.


KRISTY
Did you see that guy, man there’s
something wrong with that him.

FRIEND #1
Yeah, last time we come to this bar....


The whole time the bartender is staring at her and glancing back at Mike. A
sinister look comes over his face, as if he has come up with some great
idea. Kristy turns and looks across the bar at Mike. Mike’s head shoots up
and the gaze is returned. The bartender steps back and turns his gaze upward.
Suddenly everything disappears.

____________________________________________________________
SCENE 2

EXT. REALM - NIGHT

Mike is crumpled on the ground, groggy, as if he just fell and had the wind
knocked out of him. He is surrounded by strange images that move
around him, although he is standing still.

Mike slowly rises.


MIKE
Where the hell am I? Aaaah.

Mike groans in pain.

Meanwhile, Kristy arises in her new surroundings, similar to Mike’s yet
different. She too is crumpled on the ground, she rises, appearing
refreshed.

Kristy thinks to herself.

KRISTY
Where am I?


On the flip side. Mike is growing confused and angry.

MIKE
Dammit, where am I, I must be
going crazy, this is no dream.


Mike wanders around sporadically screaming into the emptiness, growing dizzy
by the swirling images, as he slips further towards total dementia.
On the other side, Kristy wanders through the soothing images around her,
comfortable in the surroundings, yet questioning the source of the
hallucination.

Suddenly, Kristy hears something.

VOICE #1
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!.....

KRISTY
Hello? Anybody there?

VOICE #1
(silence)

KRISTY
I must be hearing things


On the other side.

MIKE
AAAAAEEEEE....??


Mike thinks he hears something. But dismisses it to his madness, muttering to
himself. He continues to wander, sometimes staggering.


VOICE #2
Where are you???


Startled.

KRISTY
Wha... Who’s there?

Again, no reply.

KRISTY
Stop playing games, I know
someone’s there, who are you?


This time Mike is positive that he hears something.

VOICE #2
....who are you?

MIKE
Hello? Is someone there?
Say something, please....


Flip to the other side....

VOICE #1
Say something, please.....

KRISTY
YES, YES I hear you!!!
Call again.

MIKE
Someone there? Where are
you, where am I?????

KRISTY
I’m here, but where is here?


The two voices converge appearing to come from the same place. Overlapping, as
you now tell that they are also wandering in roughly the same pattern. They
exist in the same place, this sequence is to show that, and that hey must
acknowledge each other to accept, and give in to the help of another.


MIKE
Here? I don’t know but you sound
like you’re right next to me.

KRISTY
Almost from the same space.....


Their voices fade as their images appear as one, and then separate into two
people within the same area......
They see each other truly for the first time.


MIKE
It was you.......

KRISTY
Yes, and you......


The reach out and touch each other, scene immediately turns black.
____________________________________________________________

SCENE 3

INT. BAR - NIGHT

It’s still night, and the bar is a bit busier now. Apparently some time has
passed. Mike and Kristy are still staring at each other across the bar. The
bartender looks back down towards the viewer looking very pleased with himself.
The stare is broken.

Mike takes a deep breath and shakes his head.


MIKE
My God, what the hell happened?


The bartender works his way over to Mike.


BARTENDER
Wouldn’t you like to know?


He said with a smirk and an evil look in his eye.


MIKE
Who the hell are you?


The bartender just smiles.


MIKE
No, NO! You’re not....
The realm.... another test.
What the hell are you
doing to me???


Mike stares at him disgustedly, but his attention quickly turns towards
Kristy, as the bartender steps back into the shadows, who is still staring
over at him. Mike moves quickly away from the “bartender.” He slows down as
he gets closer to Kristy, who is following him with her eyes, as he makes
his way towards her. He reaches out and takes her hand. They turn and
walk towards the exit of the bar.

SCENE 4

EXT. BAR - NIGHT

Mike and Kristy exit the bar and make their way into the darkened, empty
parking lot. They turn towards each other and embrace. Not saying a word.


ENTITY
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.......


The entity gives a laugh that startles both Mike and Gina.
The scene goes black with the new couple staring into the night, searching for
the owner of the laugh, and CLOSING CREDITS and MUSIC play.


THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home